One of the benefits to luxury vinyl plank flooring is the maintenance. You don't wax, polish or steam clean the floor. Here are some steps on how to keep your luxury vinyl plank flooring look its best:
- Use a dry mop to pick up any dirt or dust on the floor. You can use a vacuum cleaner but make sure to not use a vacuum with a beater bar or power rotary brush head because these tools may damage your floor.
- Look around the floor to see if you have any remaining stains on the floor. If so, you can create a mixture of a gallon of warm water and one cup of apple cider vinegar to remove any remaining stains. Use a soft bristled brush and scrub the stain away.
- Use a clean wet mop to go back over the floor to remove any extra soap off your vinyl plank floor.
Now that we've covered how to clean your luxury vinyl plank floor, let's go over what not to do:
- Do not steam clean vinyl plank floor.
- Do not use wax on your floor. Luxury vinyl plank flooring already has a protective wear layer on the top of the product and the wax could eat away at the top layer.
- Abrasive cleaners can cause your floor to crack.
We hope this information helps you maintain your luxury vinyl plank flooring.