The answer to this is yes. It's easier to clean than carpet and it holds up well to the heavy traffic that stairs see. Here are some of the benefits of installing vinyl plank on your stairs.
- Durability- stairs are high traffic area and will show less visible wear over a longer period of time. Luxury vinyl plank will hold up better than some hardwoods and won't show stains like carpet. They are also easy to clean.
- Comfort- Luxury vinyl plank has an added cushion that pads your feet as you walk. This will add more comfort when walking up and down a staircase.
- Noise- The attached pad will reduce the noise when walking up and down the stairs.
- Coordination- If you have vinyl floor at the top or bottom of your stairs, it makes sense to convert the staircase to vinyl from a visual standpoint.
- Ease of installation- It relies on a very strong adhesive and the application of the planks is straightforward.