Have you noticed worn spots all over your hardwood floor? Having worn spots is actually not a big deal, in fact it's something you can fix yourself. All you'll need is a rag, urethane, stain and napkins.
It's often mistaken that a professional must get involved in order to fix worn spots on hardwood floors but that is indeed false. The best part of this DIY is not having to sand down the floors, you can simply use the matching stain(if you do not have an exact match then it's recommended to go one shade darker). Typically the best stains to use are urethane based the extra urethane helps protect the hardwood floor.
- First start by mixing the stain.
- Then dip a corner of your rag into the stain (soak that corner).
- After that apply the stain in a circular motion to the floor's surface, focus on the worn spots.
- Use your napkins to clean up the excess stain and repeat until all worn spots are stained.
- Once all worn spots are stained, let sit for 1 day
- After a day, apply 2 coats of urethane on top
- Enjoy your hardwood floor again
Please watch these DIY videos below: