Choosing the right type of flooring isn't always easy, especially when you're working on a budget. Consider laminate flooring as one of your top choices, this is a flooring with lots to offer. Laminate flooring is such a good alternative choice for those whom can't afford, or simply don't want real natural wood flooring in their home. Laminate is an affordable and durable product, with very few downfalls.
Pros to Laminate:
- Easy to Install
- Durable (scratch and dent resistant)
- Can be made 100% waterproof (if sealed) top wear layer is water resistant, core is not.
- Soft and Quiet - Core is made of recycled and compressed materials known as fiberboard, this makes the floor softer to walk on and also more quiet.
- Eco-Friendly materials
- Easy to clean (not much upkeep)
- Variety - there are many different colors and styles offered for every personality
- Good for a well trafficked home, kids and pets too. (wear layer will determine high, medium or low traffic durability)
Cons to Laminate:
- Laminate is NOT 100% waterproof (due to core being made of fiberboard)
- Does not last as long as some Vinyl and most Wood
- Cannot be refinished
- If not properly sealed to become 100% waterproof, the floor is susceptible to water damage if installed in a room known to keep moisture such as a basement or bathroom.
Laminate flooring is an affordable, beautiful, and durable product, stop the worry and pick laminate flooring for your home today.