Stairs are one of the most high-traffic areas in your home. They are prone to damage like stains, spills and dents. Dirty footprints from pets and family can often occur. You've probably wondered what you can do to protect your carpeted stairs.
5 Effective Ways To Protect Carpeted Stairs:
1. Clean all spills immediately. Accidents are bound to happen in such a high-traffic part of your house. Make sure to clean all spills immediately. Use products that are made for your carpeted stairs and follow the directions on the cleaner for the best results.
2. Vacuum stairs frequently. Vacuum the stairs at least once per week to remove dirt and debris. Go over each step around two to three times to be thorough and remove as much debris as possible. The frequency that you should clean does depend on the amount of traffic.
3. Add blinds to block sunlight. Windows near the stairway can cause premature carpet fading. You can maintain your carpets by using blinds to block direct sunlight.
4. Buy a carpet runner for your stairs. Carpet runners help protect your carpeted stairs. They are easy to clean and can stick to carpets.
5. Have your carpeted stairways professionally cleaned. It is always recommend to have your carpet cleaned professionally every 12-18 months.