Keeping your carpet clean and smelling fresh is a must for any homeowner. Investing in quality flooring is never cheap and getting the most out of it is imperative.
Here is a list of our recommendations in keeping your carpet smelling fresh:
1. Keep the shoes at the door. Wearing shoes around the house only increases the chances that debris will get into your carpet. Shoes also have traction on the bottom which will wear down your carpet.
2. Vacuum regularly. Vacuum slowly and at least once a week. Vacuum slowly in high traffic room because if you go fast, you might not pick up all the dirt. Regularly vacuuming picks up debris that is getting stuck in your carpet.
3. Deal with stains right away. The longer a stain sits on the carpet, the harder it will be to get it out. Don't scrub a stain as it could work the stain in deeper.
4. Create ventilation. Letting odors evaporate by leaving windows open and fans on is necessary to keep your carpets smelling fresh.
5. Clean and train your pets. Pets are known for playing outside, tracking in dirt to your home and laying on your floor. Bathing them regularly will maintain the smell of your carpet.
6. Professionally deep clean. Invest in half-year cleaning that maintains the look and smell of your carpet. It's vital if you live in a home with high traffic.